Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy days

Saturday started slowly. Lying in bed listening to Classic FM in that lovely state between waking and sleeping. Handel on the radio. I hope there is a special place in heaven for the baroque composers !

Coffee with DH and DS before a quick shower and then took some pictures of my spring garden while the sun was shining, Good to see the seeds making such progress in my new mini greenhouse.





Then I started on the 'house blessing".Each week I try to spend some concentrated time on one area of the house. Today I spent 20 minutes giving the stove top a good going over. Made some muesli whilst also tidying the pantry -when I open packets and put them into storage containers I can tidy a shelf and get things back to order. Swish and swipe over the bathrooms, clean toilets, sweep floors.

DH does the washing poor man and in winter it is a pretty never ending job. He also got excited and did a thorough clean and tidy of the bedroom. Where does all that dust come from?

It took only one hour and a quarter, but we were back in order and DD and myself were off to have fun.
























We stopped at the girls toy shop and I bought some Christmas fabric for an advent calendar.

We went to Joondalup to have some lunch because we haven't done that for a while.

Then to a couple of op shops. Picked up some bargains.




Home for coffee with DH and SIL before they both went off again. Chooken in the oven for tea, time to read some of my favourite blogs.

Have the chicken bones simmering to make stock-plan to watch some good TV tonight. I have a DVD of the TV show about Mr Gently and then there is Rockwizz.

It was a good day -and I hope to have a lot more of these in the future. I am about to make some changes in my life -but I can't tell you about them just yet until I have informed some interested parties, but I hope that soon my life will be more of a collection of happy days.

No comments: