Monday, March 14, 2011

World Music Festival

I have been away to a most wonderful music festival called WOMADelaide. World Music of all kinds -calypso, bluegrass, pop music from Nigeria, psychadelic pop from the UK, Indigenous rock, Fado from Portugal... here is a picture of the very talented Marshall McGuire playing his harp.

We went to 13 concerts over 2.5 days in the lovely Adelaide Botanic Park setting. It was very well run, we had a very happy time and I am so glad I went. It was so relaxing to move between one concert and the next and then sit down again and listen to another one!


We brought home a lot of CDs to remember the event by, and some photos -most of which are on my DH's camera which he left at work.

I have a feeling heaven will be a lot like WOMAD- people from every country on earth, all playing music and having a great time in a garden setting, everyone happy, and great food!

I am afraid the carbon foot print is getting a lot bigger this week, after coming back from Adelaide I am off to Canberra for one day as part of my work.

This coming weekend we are going to be away with some friends.

See you when I get back.

No comments: