I have been making progress on this quilt, which I call "eclipse" because the dark circles make me think of an eclipse of the moon.
The circles were cut with a ruler I was given at Christmas. I tried several methods of making circles but in the end went with raw edge appliqué. I had to get out my modern machine to sew around the edge as I only have the straight and zigzag options on my Nina. I still hope to find more discs one day.
I made strip sets from left over fabric and expected they would go in the border but when I put them on the design board I really liked what happened .
Then I got distracted!