Sunday, August 28, 2016

Solid fun


I love this book! There are so many great ideas for liberated quilts inside. I decided that it had been too long since I did one of these, and as I had some solid scraps I thought I would try one like the cover of the book. 

I really love the variety of quilts in this picture: my last little quilt all floral and ordered, and the crazy glory of my first liberated log cabin blocks. I think this is what keeps me quilting- the variety of it all. 

Here are my first set! I am afraid they are rather addictive so I don't think I have finished yet. I am wondering how to liberate these a bit more... Maybe adding borders, or making the blocks different sizes by adding some extra strips and 'filler' blocks? 

I wonder how big this is going to get? I think it might be a generous Lap quilt as I have plenty of solid fat quarters and I am having so much fun!

No comments: